Sunday, December 30, 2007

Napping in the New Year

It's been a wonderful week. I've been off from work since December 24th and don't have to go back until January 2nd. It feels so great to totally decompress, stay in my jammies all day, bake and - NAP!

Yes, one of the things I regularly enjoy on weekends - or in this case holiday vacations - is napping. I take nice, long 1-2 hour naps almost every day, snuggled on the couch in front of the fireplace nestled in my cozy down comforter. Ahhhhhh, bliss.

When I tell my childed friends and family about my naps, they usually let out a big sigh and then they tell me they rarely get a full night's sleep, let alone a nap! One of my close friends, whose second child was born in the summer, recently told me she hasn't had a full night's sleep since he was born! It shows. My friends with older kids are usually able to get a full-night's sleep (except on nights when the kids are sick), but forget napping. It just isn't feasible.

So on this day before New Year's Eve, I am raising a toast to all the wonderful things about being childfree, top among them the wonderful, rejuvenating nap!

1 comment:

CFVixen said...

Ahhh, Sassy, I hear ya! I haven't been taking any naps since I've been off for the holidays, but I've been sleeping in daily! Seems we are doing a lot of the same things. I've been doing lots of baking, reading, playing on the computer, and just chillin'.